TEMPORARY EDUCATION PLAN
Dear Middle School Parents -
During this time of social distancing we want to ensure that each of our middle school students continue to have access to high quality curriculum and assignments! We plan to deliver instruction through a virtual learning environment and we need your support to ensure the success of our efforts! Please take a moment to review our plan below and talk with your child about the importance of continuing their education during this time.
What you can expect from our middle school teachers:
- Students will receive instruction through Google Classroom for all classes except for PE.
- Students should login each day to check for assignments and instructions from the teacher.
- Instructional videos for ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies will be uploaded twice a week of teachers presenting instructional content.Videos will be available Tuesday and Thursday by 8:00 am.
- Teachers will post relevant supplemental materials to support students with instructional delivery of content such as annotated notes, PowerPoint presentations and website links.
- Teachers will be available to monitor and respond to student emails from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm every day regarding questions about assignments and instructional material.
- Information regarding online access to resources will be forthcoming.
What you can expect from your middle school student:
- Students should login to each of their Google Classrooms on a daily basis.
- Students will need to complete all required assignments and submit these as directed by their teacher.
- Students should watch the 2 videos posted each week in their entirety.
- Students should email teachers if they have any questions.
How can you help?
- Ensure that your child is checking their Google Classroom on a daily basis.
- Ensure that your child is watching the 2 videos for each of their core classes each week.
- Ensure that your child is completing all required assignments and submitting these to their teacher in a timely manner.
- Encourage your child to reach out to their teacher if they have any questions or concerns or need any extra help!
St. Amant Middle and St. Amant Primary are experiencing a power outage that also impacts school phones. St. Amant Middle will dismiss at 1:30 p.m. St Amant Primary will dismiss at its regular time, but parents can pick students up early. Please know, all students and staff are safe.