PATHWAYS FOR A HIRE EDUCATION
Ascension Parish Schools’ career-based programs can put you on a pathway to a long-term and rewarding career. Our Pathway programs give students access to hundreds of hands-on courses that can lead to hundreds of high-need, high-paying professions.
DISCOVER HOW THE ROAD TO SUCCESS BEGINS WITH THE RIGHT PATHWAY!
Ascension Parish's Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs and Industry-Based Credentials (IBCs) offer specialized training towards careers such as:
- computer science
- culinary arts
- medical services
- architecture and construction
- multimedia production
- manufacturing services
Our Pathway programs greatly increase a student's chances of graduating high school, furthering their education and/or stepping into a career they enjoy, with salaries averaging $55,000 per year.
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
Welcome to the 2022 APSB Virtual Career Fair: Your future awaits! This is an opportunity to explore a wide variety of career options. While many of you may know exactly what you plan on doing after graduating high school, some of you may still be unsure! Take the time to peruse each Pathway Slideshow. You will find the following valuable information in each:
- A multitude of careers for all levels of education, from high school diploma to advanced-level college degrees. These are linked to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics website, where you will see extensive information and videos.
- High school courses offered in Ascension Parish Public Schools pertaining to each pathway
- Work-Ready Industry-Based Credentials you have the possibility to earn while in high school
- A list of local businesses with career opportunities related to the pathway
- A list of Louisiana universities, community colleges & technical schools related to each pathway
The Career Coaches at each high school look forward to assisting you with any questions you may have, gathering additional information on your career choices, & helping you make a plan for your future. Career Coach contacts for each school are listed at the end of the presentations.
Ronda Matthews, Supervisor of Career and Technical Education
(225) 391-7000 | Office
HIGH SCHOOL CAREER COACHES
- Joann Glasper, Joann.Glasper@apsb.org
Early College Option:
- Diane Law, Diane.Law@apsb.org
MIDDLE SCHOOL CAREER COACHES
- Dorothy Claiborne (DHS feeder system), Dorothy.Claiborne@apsb.org
- Christi Bucci (EA feeder system), Christi.Bucci@apsb.org
- Tracy Chevalier (STA feeder system), Tracy.Chevalier@apsb.org
- Bevanne Ramirez (DTHS feeder system), Bevanne.Ramirez@apsb.org